Manhattan Child Custody Enforcement Attorney Can I do anything if my ex doesn't comply with our child custody agreement? You can file an enforcement petition in family court via your Manhattan family law attorney in [...]
Do I need a lawyer for a prenuptial agreement?
When persons are preparing to get married, a prenuptial agreement may be recommended. Prenuptial agreements can help protect assets and remove uncertainty if the marriage later ends in divorce. To ensure that the prenuptial agreement is legal and comprehensive, you should consult with a Brooklyn family law attorney.
What is required for a prenuptial agreement?
In order for a prenuptial agreement to be valid, it must be meet certain requirements. These include:
- The agreement is in writing
- The agreement is made in contemplation of marriage
- The agreement is signed by the parties
- Each party signs the agreement voluntarily
- The terms of the agreement are fair
- The agreement was not entered into due to any fraud
What can be included in a prenuptial agreement?
A prenuptial agreement can address a variety of different issues, including:
- Determining whether property will remain separate or marital property
- Allocating responsibility for certain debts
- Setting terms and conditions of support
- Disclosure of financial information
- How property and debts are to be divided if a divorce arises
Why should you work with an attorney?
Brooklyn family lawyers can help you develop a prenuptial agreement that is specific to your situation and needs. A Brooklyn divorce attorney will help ensure that your agreement is fair and comprehensive. This will help avoid expense and uncertainty if the marriage ends in a divorce. Each party will know what to expect and what rights they maintain.
Because prenuptial agreements can be complicated, you should consult with an experienced attorney who can provide individualized legal advice. At Levitsky Law Firm, our team is experienced and available to help with prenuptial agreements. If you are getting married, contact Levitsky Law Firm to discuss your prenuptial agreement.