Child Custody Attorney in Brooklyn and Manhattan NY
Levitsky Law Firm proudly serves the Brooklyn and Manhattan, NY area with legal representation of exceptional quality. Our result-driven attorneys and counselors provide you with the excellent representation you deserve because we care about you and your family.
What Are Good Reasons to Petition for Child Custody Modifications?
Child custody and any modifications are critical concerns that should be addressed with integrity, purpose, and professionalism. At Levitsky Law Firm, our team of experts is ready to assist you with these matters in tumultuous times. New York will authorize child custody modification and visitation if the parent filing the petition can verify the following conditions:
- The minimum age requirement for the child petitioning for the modification is 12 years of age.
- The parent or the child has been subject to significant circumstantial change after the custody agreement has been established.
- Abuse, neglect, or abandonment have occurred.
- Since the original order, a parent’s income has increased or decreased by 15% (applicable only to orders prior to or after October 13, 2010).
- Three years have passed since the order was issued (applicable only to orders prior to or after October 13, 2010).
When is the Best Time to Make Those Modifications?
The safety and well-being of the child is what is most important. If the circumstances are of abuse, neglect, or exploitation, other legal action will be pursued. If that is not the case, unless any of the stipulations above are justified in the courts, then the courts will likely not accommodate any change in a child custody modification. The best time to make child custody modifications is when you can provide credible evidence to prove to a judge a significant change has occurred.
What are Good Reasons to Petition for Child Custody Modifications?
There are many reasons to petition for child custody modifications. Listed below are some of the most common reasons to petition for child custody modifications:
- Domestic Violence
- Changes in financial income or becoming unemployed
- Living arrangements have changed
- One parent currently has a substance use disorder
- The remarriage of a parent
- Convicted crimes of one parent
- The custodial parent often neglects visitation orders towards the other parent
What is the Process and How Your Attorney Can Help?
It is always preferable to have legal representation in cases like this. We at Levitsky Law Firm will be there for you every step of the way. We make certain that you and your child’s rights are protected. We represent your interests by preserving the integrity of the legal system.
We understand your needs. If you are seeking a Brooklyn Child Modification Attorney or Brooklyn Child Custody Attorney, please call us today for more information.