Manhattan Child Custody Enforcement Attorney Can I do anything if my ex doesn't comply with our child custody agreement? You can file an enforcement petition in family court via your Manhattan family law attorney in [...]
How to Deal with NY Aggressive Drivers
Dealing with Aggressive New York Drivers
Road rage is a cause of many car accidents. There are a few ways to check your aggression while on the road in New York. Driving in New York is tough.
Drivers not paying attention is normally a factor for auto accidents. Some other causes of accidents are not yielding the right of way, passing a car incorrectly, passing too closely, following behind a car too closely, unsafe speed and lane changes, and a total disregard for traffic signals. In 2009 a study found that New York drivers are the angriest and most aggressive in the nation. Additionally, New York City has the worst drivers in the nation.
In order to remain safe on the road, Levitsky Law Firm has compiled a list on how to stay safe and the steps to take.
Remain Safe on the Road.
Driving anywhere in New York you must exercise care. Any Brooklyn accident attorney can tell you that this is a difficult driving environment.
- Lock your doors if you encounter an aggressive driver. If you have to stop keep enough room in front of or in back of your car to get around the car. If you are confronted, call 911.
- Remain polite and avoid conflict. This is better than getting in to a situation that could require a Brooklyn accident attorney
- Report the aggressive drivers. Call 911 or other means. Give the car tag number, location, travel direction, vehicle’s description, and describe the driver
This is going to be a challenge, but being courteous can’t hurt. Keep yourself under control so if you have to involve a Brooklyn personal injury attorney, you can keep more of the law in your favor.
Some additional steps to staying safe:
- If the driver is aggressive, avoid eye contact
- Do not tailgate
- Do not make obscene gestures
- Do not over use your horn
- Do not block the right lane nor the passing lane
If ever there is a time where you do have any problems, just contact a Brighton Beach personal injury lawyer. Explore your compensation options if you are in a car accident with an aggressive driver.