There are holidays throughout the year and children normally want to spend those holidays with both of their parents, even when parents are no longer a couple. This can mean that you may need to create a parenting plan [...]
Paternity Case Do’s and Don’ts
Fathers who wish to establish or contest paternity should be aware of their rights and the laws that apply. Brooklyn NY paternity defense lawyers can provide legal advice about what you should and should not do in a paternity case. For assistance with your paternity case, contact Levitsky Law Firm.
What should you do in a paternity case?
Some things you should do in a paternity case include:
- Be aware of all court deadlines
- If you are seeking to establish paternity, try to exercise custody time with the child
- Keep detailed records of all things related to the case
- Preserve any evidence and information that may be relevant
- Seek legal representation from a lawyer
What should you not do in a paternity case?
If you choose to do any of the following, it will make your paternity case more difficult:
- Ignore court orders and deadlines
- Engage in criminal conduct
- Disregard your rights
- Represent yourself during the process
- Make threatening or harassing statements
For specific advice about what you should and should not do for your situation, contact our family law firm in Brighton Beach.
Why should you contact an attorney?
An attorney from our family law firm in Brighton Beach can help you understand your rights and how the law applies to you. We can provide you with individualized legal advice to help you with your case. By following the advice of an attorney, you will significantly increase your chances of achieving the outcome you desire in the case.
The Brooklyn NY paternity defense lawyers from Levitsky Law Firm are knowledgeable and experienced with paternity cases. We will advocate for you and provide competent legal representation. Contact us to learn how we can help with your paternity case.