What Injuries Are Considered Catastrophic?
Catastrophic injuries are those that cause serious physical harm, as well as disfiguring and disabling injuries. Most experts agree that catastrophic injuries are fatal in most cases and cause permanent disability. Here are the types of catastrophic injuries:
- Traumatic brain injury.
- Spinal cord injury
- Limb amputation
- Burn injury
- Skull or spinal fractures
Common Accidents That Lead To Catastrophic Injuries
Usually, catastrophic injuries are caused by the following accidents:
- Car accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Sport accidents
- Defective products
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Dangerous premises accidents
Long-Term Effect Of Catastrophic Injuries
Most catastrophic injuries have a long-term impact on the individual who has sustained them. Here are the suffering lasting effects that are common among people who have experienced catastrophic injuries:
- Change of lifestyle. Often, a catastrophic injury impacts movement, which results in chronic pain and prevents a person from performing their daily activities. This can be very difficult for some people and can lead to depression and anxiety.
- Financial impact. Usually, people need long-term physical therapy after a catastrophic injury, which can be quite expensive. On top of this, they may not be able to continue working due to disability.
- Career impact. After a serious injury, many people may find that it is impossible for them to continue on their career path.
Contact Levitsky Law Firm, Brooklyn Catastrophic Accident Injury Attorney As Soon As Possible
If you have been involved in an accident that led to a catastrophic injury, you should contact an injury attorney as soon as possible. At Levitsky Law Firm, we represent people whose lives were affected by serious and fatal injuries. If you or your loved one are one of them, do not hesitate to contact us to schedule a consultation with our Brooklyn Accident Attorney. Our Brooklyn Personal Injury Attorneys have a passion for law and years of professional experience. Our mission is to provide trustworthy legal representation of exceptional quality.
Visit our website for more information or give us a call to talk to a Brooklyn Personal Injury Attorney.